[PD] packed floats to select object changes the select value

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 17:29:05 CEST 2020

Em dom., 20 de set. de 2020 às 09:40, Matt Davey <hard.off at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Is there any reason why it shouldn't change?
>
> It's undocumented and weird behaviour that surely nobody relies on.

actually it is as 'seb shader' referenced on github, see
http://msp.ucsd.edu/Pd_documentation/x2.htm#s3.3

Unless they arrange otherwise by defining a "list" method, objects respond
to the "list" message by distributing the arguments of the message to their
inlets, except for the first argument which is passed as a "float" or
"symbol" message to the object proper.

you can easily fix your patch by using unpack or something. But you may
have a request that we add a list method to select where it only considers
the 1st item of a list. If no one actually relies on this list behaviour
you may have a point.