[PD] Advice on distributing pd-based software for apple

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:26:56 CEST 2020

Let's keep this on the list.

I had to look up how I dealt with the issue of code-signing. It looks
like my solution was to build Pd.app with leaving the code-signing
steps out. Thus, I ended up with a unsigned Pd.app that I'm using in my
packaging script.

I don't remember the exact details, but I wasn't able to sign my result
in a way so that macOS didn't show an alert. It appears that not only
the final Pd.app, but also some components within need to be signed.

Maybe you have more luck with creating a signed app. You'll find the
signing steps in the script mac/osx-app.sh (lines 363-367).

Thanks to Dan for all figuring out.

Roman