[PD] pd~ fifo flag and block delays

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Fri Sep 25 19:14:54 CEST 2020

btw, would it be thinkable to add the possibility to run the pd~ subprocess
asynchronously?

Think of a subprocess running a large Gem patch, that would potentially
produce large CPU spikes;
you don't really care if this subprocess sometimes gets late, while you
absolutely need the calling process (aka audio) to be on time.

As for the interface, I guess asynchronous behavior could be automatically
enabled when ninsig=0 and noutsig=0?

Antoine