[PD] pd~ fifo flag and block delays

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Fri Sep 25 19:35:20 CEST 2020

> btw, would it be thinkable to add the possibility to run the pd~
> subprocess asynchronously?

This would be definitely possible. I think you only need to set the pipe
read end in the parent process to non-blocking. The parent process tries
to read the subprocess output and sends a block of zeroes on failure.
This means that if the subprocess is late, it won't block the parent
process, it will just miss one or more blocks of audio input

This could be a nice feature!

Christof