[PD] mkdir in motex/system

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 03:11:35 CEST 2020

I used [motex/system] in a recent project because it was the only object
that can create directories in Linux, Mac OS, and Windows. So I can confirm
it loads and works on all platforms. But yes...it's very minimal, doesn't
report errors, and you have to deal with backlashes for the Windows case.

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 2:03 PM oliver <oliver at klingt.org> wrote:

> Christof Ressi wrote:
> >> but all I get is error messages
> > Would you mind sharing the error messages? ;-)
>
> i guess what christof is pointing at is that [system] doesn't give us
> any error messages at all ;-)
>
> ([system] is avery minimalist object, as far as i can guess from a look
> at the source code).
>
> @David:
>
> you have to use double backslashes as path seperators. single
> backslashes are just used to escape special characters in PD.
>
> so, to create a directory called my_temp on partition D, you would write:
>
> [mkdir D:\\my_temp(
> |
> [system]
>
> Your OS version would be
> > helpful as well.
>
> must be windows, right ?
> i don't think [system] even loads in OSX or LINUX
>
> best
>
> oliver

William Brent
www.williambrent.com

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com