[PD] Startup times to run Pd patch on Raspberry Pi

Yann Seznec yann at yannseznec.com
Tue Oct 6 17:29:24 CEST 2020

Thanks for all the thoughts and feedback. I should have said that my 60 second boot time is when I use the Pi headless, console-only, running the patch with -nogui.

I’ll have a look at disabling some things as suggested, and I’ll report back if I make any significant progress! I imagine I’m not alone in this quest so I’ll try and document it somehow, or at least post it here for future generations.

I really like the look of piCore OS too. It seems like the right approach for me in the long run, though I am wary of jumping into a new system. Maybe eventually we can make our own pdCore OS :)