[PD] else/click in conflict with method 'click' for class 'canvas' when compiling for camomile

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:12:33 CEST 2020

Hi, we're compiling camomile with externals from ELSE, the only issue I
have is that else/click gets in conflict with an internal "click" class in
Pd (which doesn't happen if it's an external), this happens because of this
line of code
https://github.com/porres/pd-else/blob/master/Classes/Source/click.c#L156

and the warning given by camomile is "*warning: old method 'click' for
class 'canvas' renamed 'click_aliased*"

My plan is to simply disable this external when compiling for camomile,
because it's just not really pertinent to camomile at all, at least I
believe so (this is used to react to clicks on non GOP
abstractions/subpatches). I also believe the conflict won't make a
difference to the functionality of Pd. What do you say?

One way or another, I wanna get rid of the warning and I wonder if there's
a way to not interfere with Pd itself instead of disabling the external. I
guess there's no way, but I hope it doesn't hurt to ask :)

thanks