[PD] audio interface with multiple outs on raspberry pi

Jakob jakkesprinter at web.de
Fri Oct 9 23:20:01 CEST 2020

Hi Oliver,
The fact that you used those esi products successfully on rp2 and 3 makes it *i think* promising that the gigaport ex works, too!

The gigaport hd+ has sufficient outputs for my use case, but what makes me want to buy the gigaport ex instead, is the fact that the gigaport hd+ only supports 44.1khz/16bit when writing on 8 outputs. In the description of the gigaport hd+ they say that the gigaport ex is an advanced model with better audio quality.

Indeed in the description of the gigaport ex, it says that it supports 192khz/24bit „on all output channels“.
Im just wondering if a raspi 2 or 3 can handle  this:)
If a raspi 4 could, i wouldnt mind to buy one.

Best, Jakob