[PD] remote OSC messages

Albert Rafetseder albert.rafetseder+pd at univie.ac.at
Thu Oct 15 15:25:00 CEST 2020

> I tried to connect to the server using netsend, but the console sends me
> this error message:
> "netreceive: listen failed: Cannot assign requested address (99)"

The error is in netreceive, not netsend:

> [listen 7077 vrr.iem.at(
> |
> [netreceive -u -b]

Careful, the second (and optional!) argument following "listen" must be
a hostname or IP address of *your local* machine, not the remote
machine. ("vrr.iem.at" will not work, this is not your machine :-)

See "help netreceive", then open the sub-patch "pd IP version and
multicast" on the bottom-ish right for details.

Best,
  Albert.