[PD] compiling extenrals for mac 32 bits

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 12:09:45 CEST 2020

Newer macOS versions can't run 32 bit code and so the compiler, as far as I know, won't build 32 bit versions. If you are running macOS 10.15, which I believe you are, you cannot build for 32 bit anymore.

As a result, pd-lib-builder was updated to only build for the default system, in your case 64 bit, and requires an additional flag or argument to do fat builds:

https://github.com/pure-data/pd-lib-builder/issues/50 <https://github.com/pure-data/pd-lib-builder/issues/50>

In any case, you may have to move to a dedicated build machine which stays on an older version of macOS, say 10.14, if you personal machine is to run the latest version.

> On Oct 18, 2020, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 21:21:19 -0300
> From: Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com <mailto:porres at gmail.com>>
> To: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: [PD] compiling extenrals for mac 32 bits
>
> Hi, I see my libraries are only available for mac 64 bits. I have the
> impression it used to be also available for mac 32 bits when I compiled
> them long ago, by the way. And what I mean by this is that the same
> binaries could run on both.
>
> Well, I'm using Pd lib builder and I wonder if any of you can help me on
> what I should do. I don't mind doing two separate compilations, one for
> each.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>