[PD] Startup times to run Pd patch on Raspberry Pi

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Mon Oct 19 12:03:59 CEST 2020

Am Montag, 19. Oktober 2020, 11:44:20 CEST schrieb Roman Haefeli:
> On Mon, 2020-10-19 at 11:08 +0200, Winfried Ritsch wrote:
> > algo at DIYasb5:~$ systemd-analyze blame
> >
> >          10.009s jackd.service
>
> That seems long. How does the systemd unit file looks like? It appears
> jackd fires up quicker (<1s) on my old RPi 3, but then I might be
> fooled by the fact that it has been loaded before and it would require
> more time after boot.

thanks for the info,
 the problem was not really correct addressed:

In experiments I saw it will take 10 seconds to savely start pd after jackd
So I put an 10s in jackd.service:
   ExecStartPost=/bin/sleep ${WAIT_AFTER_START}

The problem is jackd either provides dbus or socket-connection socket to late
or the connection is not established because some parameters didnt stabilize,
such as sound card binding with samplerate... but I didnt try to hard to find
the reason, since for this purpose it was sufficient.

But for new applications (streaming box) I want a faster boot up

mfg
  winfried

> Roman

- ao.Univ.Prof. DI Winfried Ritsch
- ritsch at iem.at - http://iem.at/ritsch
- Institut fuer Elektronische Musik und Akustik
- University of Music and Dramatic Art Graz
- Tel. ++43-316-389-3510 (3170) Fax ++43-316-389-3171