[PD] A fifth IMMEDIATE YES from New Blankets [Checking for interest: Scheme interpreter external for PD (Iain Duncan)]

Brad Garton garton at columbia.edu
Thu Oct 22 19:37:56 CEST 2020

One question occurs to me:  do you plan for multiple object
instantiations?  For my lisp interpreter, you can do that BUT all of the
instantiated objects in the patcher communicate with a single interpreter
(i.e. they can share data, symbols, etc.).  In some of the other objects I
did (rtcmix~, sc3~, chuck~) I allowed multiple patcher objects and each one
was a separate instance of the language.  There are costs and benefits both
ways, of course.

brad