[PD] MIDI in vanilla?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 07:32:46 CET 2020

Hi, I thought it was best to start this discussion here rather than as a
feature request on github.

It feels to me Vanilla should be able to read/write MIDI files, but I
wonder how. Any ideas on how this could work in a "vanilla way" (light and
simple)?

As for a sequencer, maybe we could use [text] or something. I'm thinking of
a way to not create new objects. Perhaps [soundfiler] could handle MIDI
files, but that may be pushing it too far.

Well, I hope you get the idea. I wonder if this was ever discussed and if
it just never got any attention

cheers
Alex