[PD] MIDI in vanilla?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Mon Oct 26 12:09:36 CET 2020

I agree that we really need a way to read/write binary data. I have
already thought about doing a PR to add such functionality to graphical
arrays. It would be as simple as adding a flag to the [read( and [write(
methods.

In theory, it would be possible then to implement a MIDI file
reader/writer as a Pd abstraction. But to be honest, I think only a
masochist would do that :-)

On the other hand, mrpeach's [midifile] has always served me well and
it's one of those things that don't really get obsolete. So I don't
think that Pd really needs built-in MIDI file support. After all, even a
kitchen-sink language like Supercollider doesn't come with built-in MIDI
file support.

Christof