[PD] MIDI in vanilla?

Josh Moore kh405.7h30ry at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 13:56:00 CET 2020

I think it comes down to PD's horrible selection of array types. Having
arrays with multi dimensions that can be a choice between int and float
types signed and unsigned without conversion is what you need otherwise you
will run into this wall all over the place and you're looking at a c
compiler or interpreted language external to make what exists in almost
every other language (ie make 16 arrays with 127 dimensions for each note
with byte alignment containing n points or whatever) as three lines of code
doable on a system that has only 2d arrays and float types.