[PD] MIDI in vanilla?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Mon Oct 26 14:06:42 CET 2020

> a choice between int and float types signed and unsigned without
> conversion is what you need
Many scripting languages have a single number type. The only "problem"
with Pd is that this number type is a float and not a double, so it's
easy to run into precision issues. But for bytes, a float is large
enough ;-) Yes, you waste some space, but who cares?

Also, you can create multidimensional arrays with data structures, if
you really need it (yes, it is awkward, but it is certainly possible).
On the other hand, if all subarrays are the same size, it is trivial to
embed them in a single flat array...

Apart from that, a MIDI file parser is not something you would typically
write in a visual programming language. That's why we have a C external
for that ;-)

Christof