[PD] MIDI in vanilla?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 20:31:20 CET 2020

Em seg., 26 de out. de 2020 às 13:47, Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com>
escreveu:

> MAX also has wiggling cables, so...
>
> On a more serious note: Max/MSP is a full blown commercial production
> environment. You have video playback, graphics programming, a JavaScript
> interpreter, VST plugin hosting, etc. You can't really compare it to Pd
> anymore.

I agree, but [seq] has been there forever, before all that, before MSP I
believe.

> let's get rid of this idea that "vanilla only" is some kind of gold
> standard.

I'm taking care myself of about 600 externals (cyclone/ELSE/PSYCHO), so
yeah, I get that :)

I still thought MIDI File support was something that could be built in ;)
and I'm not all happy with the 2 externals around and thinking of investing
more on a third one :)

cheers