[PD] Windows in Chinese, problem with paths

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:20:38 CET 2020

Maybe try a test with a folder / path with UTF-8 characters on your system. As IOhannes said, Pd should be able to handle it Ok.

I'd also recommend they turn on Verbose and open Pd again so they can send you the whole text outputted with Pd showing which paths it's trying. If we see broken strings there, then we'll have a better clue.

> On Oct 27, 2020, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 10:21:40 +0100
> From: Maximiliano Estudies <maxiestudies at gmail.com <mailto:maxiestudies at gmail.com>>
> To: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Windows in Chinese, problem with paths
>
> Dear IOhannes,
>
> thank you for your answer.
> Here is the screenshot they sent me. https://postimg.cc/GB6z9Wb0 <https://postimg.cc/GB6z9Wb0>
> I'll also try to find out the character encoding and codepage they are
> using, the thing is, I don't talk directly to the museum technicians in
> charge of the setup, there is a representative there that translates all
> the communication and he doesn't have much experience with the subject, so
> I'm not sure if it will work.
> I asked them to put all the abstractions and files in the same folder and
> that worked. They also have access to a computer running MacOS for testing,
> and the original patch with subfolders worked there without problems.
>
> Does the absolute path to an abstraction play a role even if using [declare
> -path]? and how is this different from having both patches in the same
> folder?
>
> Cheers,
> Maxi

--------