[PD] Dealing with blocks of text in Pd

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Tue Oct 27 15:56:17 CET 2020

Yes, you can certainly turn a list into a single symbol, either with
[list fromsymbol] + [list tosymbol], or using externals like zexy's [s2l].

But the actual problem is how you get plain text input in Pd. [text] is
certainly *not* suitable for that.

Once you have your own Tcl editor widget, you can easily send the text
in any form you want (a single symbol, a list of atoms, a list of bytes,
...)

Christof