[PD] error opening audio: Internal PortAudio error

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:28:37 CET 2020

Could be system permissions for reading the microphone. Try going to the Security panel and enable Microphone access for Pd.

Normally, it should show the request dialog automatically, but sometimes it doesn't, maybe due to running different versions of Pd on the same system? I'm not sure off the top of my head.

> On Nov 1, 2020, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 16:36:13 -0400
> From: Ricky Graham <rickygrahammusic at gmail.com <mailto:rickygrahammusic at gmail.com>>
> To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: [PD] error opening audio: Internal PortAudio error
>
> Hi,
>
> When I switch on DSP using Pd-0.51 (stable build) on macOS Catalina 10.15.7, I get the following error:
> error opening audio: Internal PortAudio error
>
> Any ideas how to resolve this issue?
>
> Best,
>
> Ricky

--------