[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.513 test5 released (IOhannes m zm??lnig)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 16:13:52 CET 2020

Can you try resetting the Microphone permissions again then starting Pd?

In Terminal run:

    tccutil reset Microphone

On my 10.14 system, running that clears the Microphone privacy list and I see a popup requesting mic access when toggling on dsp. (Unfortunately with the wrong info string, although that's a different issue.)

I'm wondering if this is a result of the system registering the GUI asking for permissions but the core is what really needs it, so there is a mismatch as both have different bund ids, ie. org.puredata.pd & org.puredata.pd.pd-gui. The system uses the bundle id when registering th app in the privacy list.

> On Nov 4, 2020, at 3:46 PM, Ricky Graham <rickygrahammusic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Dan.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> MBP 15-inch 2017 / 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
> I’m attempting to use the built-in audio input and output on the laptop. I do have Blackhole installed, too. No JACK.
> Built-in audio input and output.
> No, and that might be the issue. The program never requested access. Other applications did request access, such as Live. Those are listed there.
> No, because Pd is not listed as an application, currently.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Ricky
>
>> On Nov 4, 2020, at 9:13 AM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was also hoping that would help.
>>
>> Ricky, then we need more info:
>>
>> * What's the machine?
>> * What audio devices do you have?
>> * Which devices are set for audio input and audio output?
>> * Is Pd listed in the System Preferences app Security & Privacy panel's Privacy tab for the Microphone?
>> * Did you try toggling off, then on the Microphone access privacy setting, and restarting Pd?
>>
>> I'm still running macOS 10.14 and the 10.15 machines at work are all out for use during the lockdown here, so I cannot test it personally.
>>
>> Miller, perhaps what we need is a better Portaudio error message as this may be unrelated to the permissions. I can look into that now.
>>
>>> On Nov 4, 2020, at 10:12 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>>>
>>> Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 13:52:45 -0800
>>> From: Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu>
>>> To: Ricky Graham <rickygrahammusic at gmail.com>
>>> Cc: pd-list at lists.iem.at
>>> Subject: Re: [PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.513 test5 released (IOhannes m
>>> 	zm??lnig)
>>>
>>> Well, hmm, Iwas hoping Dan's new entitlements declarations in info.plist
>>> would take care of that.
>>>
>>> It has something to do with entitlements I think....

>> --------
>> Dan Wilcox
>> @danomatika
>> danomatika.com