[PD] announce: deken.puredata.info

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 4 17:09:10 CET 2020

On 11/4/20 4:55 PM, Mario Buoninfante wrote:
> one thing I noticed, and I'm just curious not a criticism at all, it seems
> you can't find abstractions, only objects that are part of a library (I
> know that's what the label says there :) ).
> Is that intentional? would it be possible to include them as well?

i'm not sure i understand the question.

obviously, deken can only ever find objects  that are part of a library
(regardless of whether they are implemented as abstractions of binary
"externals").

whether deken find objects, solely depends on whether the uploader
decided to upload an objects-list file (*.dek.txt).

e.g. chris' "ws" library contains a single abstraction
([websocket-server]) and it is found just fine:
   http://localhost:8000/search?objects=websocket

up until now, the object-list was kind of underused (although searching
for an object-name via "Find externals..." will return all libraries
containing such an object), which probably explains why many packages
lack it.

fgmdasr
IOhannes