[PD] Getting frequencies from chords

Dafydd Hughes dafydd61 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 05:49:53 CET 2020

If you're working from a strictly musical perspective, would it be worth
using [mtof] and [ftom] so you can deal with the notes as musical pitches
rather than frequencies? I know I find MIDI math a whole lot less daunting.
If you're then looking for pitches that "work" with the a chord, you can
classify chords by context and create some kind of hierarchy of matching
notes...

This involves a lot more manual work than the approach in the paper Miller
shared (you should probably just be listening to Miller here:), but it
allows you to really tune stuff to what you like to hear.

Every minute I've spent playing Jazz piano is screaming "NO" at me right
now.