[PD] Pd + Jack with non-standard period

Remmy Canedo microtono at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 00:29:43 CET 2020

Hi,

got a new dell 13 5301. It comes with a sof-hda-dsp card. After installing Ubuntu 20.04, Qjackctl was not working. I found a solution here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com/msg5830075.html
Qjackctl started fine with sr 48000 and period 1008 and I have clean sound from vlc, audacity, ardour, etc but Pd 0.50.2 is constantly crackling.
I tried pd -jack in terminal and there's a "Partial read" message constantly appearing. With callbacks the message turn into "jack: nframes 1008 not a multiple of blocksize 64"
Then I tried pd -jack -blocksize 252 (also 504, 1008) but the problem continues.  Probably I'm missing something, so any help to fix this will be appreciated.

best, rc.