[PD] PD 64 bits precision "for real"?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 24 17:42:59 CET 2020

Am 24. November 2020 17:28:45 MEZ schrieb jayrope <jayrope at gmail.com>:
> Thank you Martin,
>
> so it does behave similar to OS9 versus OSX.
> Well then, PDX or PD64.
>
> I'd very much prefer for backwards compatibility, but double precision
> is the way to go for better sound.
>
> I suppose there'll be a way to import old patches? Export new patches
> 32bit pd?

as Christof already said, patches are blissfully unaware of Pd's number representation (whether it's single or double precision).
they are even unaware of the processor architecture! (hey you can run a Pd patch created on win10 on a raspberry pi!)

there won't be a way to just "save" externals with doubles precision support. they need explicit recompilation.

mfg.hft.fsl
IOhannes