[PD] Gem/[pix_image] not loading images due to umlauts

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Fri Nov 27 21:35:59 CET 2020

* IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> [2020-11-27 21:06]:
> On 11/27/20 7:48 PM, Jack wrote:
> > Impossible ! the maintainer of Gem is Austrian :)
>
> what's more, e goes by the nick of "umlaeute".
>

> but of course, i'm mainly testing on Linux (where everything works as
> expected).
On another account, I just received a file that got created on OS X and
it had am Umlaut in its name. It showed up as different/somewhat garbled
character in my Debian xfe (supposedly utf8) file system browser. I just
did a quick startpage.com search and it yielded some results about "NFD
normalization" on utf8 on recen OS Xes....