[PD] fluid~

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 02:21:32 CET 2020

so, yeah, I sent my compiled external to Esteban but it complains it
doesn't find libfluidsynth.2.dylib, which I have in my system as I
installed it via homebrew. I tried sending libfluidsynth.2.dylib in the
same folder as the external to esteban, to see if it'd get loaded and work,
but he also had the same issue. So as I asked, it seems one needs to have
fluidsynth previously installed. But this is not ideal for an external
download, where I hoped it'd work out of the box without the need of
anything ELSE.

I assume there's a way to link or embed libfluidsynth.2.dylib into the
external, but I don't know how. Pd wizards, help us :)

And by the way, I downloaded Purr Data and looked for libfluidsynth.2.dylib
in its package and couldn't find it... I'm definitely missing something
cause I know fluid~ works when I install Purr Data in a machine that hasn't
previously installed fluidsynth via homebrew. So I'm
assuming libfluidsynth.2.dylib is somewhere in Purr Data's app, but I don't
know where.

Anyway, I also have attached my mac binary I built, with the help file
adapted so it doesn't need any externals.

I also included TimGM6mb.sf2 in the folder, cause it's used in the help
file. I wonder if there are any legal issues to include this font in the
deken download, cause it's also inconvenient to ask people to download
something extra in order to test the object.

Well, if anyone wants to check it out, here it is
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/19DopwznJvoz-H9GHpzCLtwj-WvlwD6Ew>

cheers