[PD] else/dir: different behaviour between Debian and Ubuntu

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 10:25:42 CET 2020

Hey all

I had a long IRC session yesterday trying to fix a problem with netpd
on another user's computer. Finally, we were able to narrow down the
issue to the behaviour of [else/dir] on Debian Buster being different
from Ubuntu 20.04.

On Ubuntu (and on Windows) feeding [dir] the path './' returns the
content of the current directory of the patch. On Debian Buster, it
returns the content of '/' instead. When feeding the path '.', on both
Debian Buster and Ubuntu 20.04 the content of the current directory is
listed (as expected).

My specific problem might be worked-around by removing the trailing
slash from any paths fed to [else/dir]. But I'm curious to understand
how it is possible that the same compiled binary exhibits different
results depending on Linux flavor.

Check attached patch that demonstrates the problem on Debian Buster.

Roman