[PD] resources required by ossia & else (was Re: deken server error?)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:23:53 CET 2020

On Thu, 2020-12-17 at 10:03 +0100, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> - remove the live-electronics-tutorial from the "else" distribution
> until you do a proper release.

How about not packaging it at all? Personally, I'd rather have only
externals in my externals directory, considering that people (me
included) install this stuff on many kinds of devices, sometimes with
space constraints. For myself, I need only one copy on my laptop and
not on every Raspberry Pi. Maybe you could host it separately and link
to it from ELSE's documentation? Since Pd 0.50 with [pdcontrol], you
can even have clickable weblinks in patches without using additional
externals.

This is not meant as rant, rather as a honest suggestions for improving
the user experience of your library. I know how dedicated you are and
how much work you put into this.

Roman