[PD] moocow string2any

Gilles Marivier gilles at marivier.rocks
Wed Dec 23 11:33:54 CET 2020

hello, thank you.

Le 23/12/2020 à 10:51, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> On 12/22/20 4:59 PM, Gilles Marivier wrote:
>> hello,
>> I encounter a problem regarding Pduino 0.6 with Pd vanilla 0.51-1.
>> The digital input 7 of Arduino Nano doesn't return anything.
>
> i wonder how this is related to "moocow string2any"?
"moocow string2any" is necessary for Pduino 0.5/Pd vanilla, and doesn't
exist for Raspbian. I was searching for a solution for this object

> and have you tried pduino 0.5 with Pd-vanilla 0.51-1?

Yes, but

1- I need to install zexy, mapping, and moocow (doesn't exist for
Raspbian). For this last, [string2any] is the object necessary => that's
why I landed on this thread

2- with OSX, it's almost ok (all libraries availables) but I think the
object [list prepend] causes an error. Here are error messages in the
pd-console :

[comport] set_baudrate: Setting baud rate to 6.95322e-310 with baudbits
0xE100
[comport] opened serial line device 1 (/dev/tty.wchusbserial1410)

route 13 0 20 1 (message->prepend) connection failed
route 14 0 20 1 (message->prepend) connection failed
route 16 0 20 1 (bang->prepend) connection failed
route 17 0 20 1 (bang->prepend) connection failed
[arduino]: version_0.5
Rarduino: version 2 5
Rarduino: firmware AllInputsFirmata.ino 2 5
UNKNOWN_INPUT_COMMAND:  0 393
UNKNOWN_INPUT_COMMAND:  1 399
UNKNOWN_INPUT_COMMAND:  2 344

etc. etc. (UNKNOWN_INPUT error is infinite when serial port is open, and
stops when I close it)

> and watch the Pd-console for errors about uncreatable objects.
No uncreatable objects error but "connection failed" error (see upper)
> in order to use pduino, you also must have comport installed.
Comport is installed of course

> > I experience this issue with OSX10.11.6 and Raspbian - Linux version
> 5.4.72-v7+
>
> on raspbian, you can install pduino with `apt-get install pd-pduino`
> which will install all the dependencies (like pd-comport) as well.

I know, I did that. I tried with all the corrects externals objects in
an external specific folder too, with declare object, I tried with this
folder and pd's path preferences too.

I built many interactive devices with Arduino/Raspbian/Pdvanilla/or
PdExtended, the "digital in 7 issue" with Pduin0.5 is the only issue I have.

> also note, that for the raspbian version, it's often (but of course
> not always) more interesting to get the distribution version rather
> than the kernel version: run `lsb_release -a` instea of `uname -a` (or
> both ;-))
thanks : Raspbian 10 buster