[PD] resources required by ossia & else (was Re: deken server error?)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 21:41:26 CET 2021

Em qui., 17 de dez. de 2020 às 14:24, Alexandre Torres Porres <
porres at gmail.com> escreveu:

> Em qui., 17 de dez. de 2020 às 06:07, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> escreveu:
>
>> ## else
>> the problem here is that there is a lot of platform independent data
>> (e.g. a 5+MB-file of of white noise; wtf?), duplicated across all
>> package versions and all platforms.
>>

> What do you mean about that? what's the white noise?

ok, got rid of 2 files that shouldn't be there actually, saved 7MB

@porres for the time being i would like to ask you to:
>> - remove the live-electronics-tutorial from the "else" distribution
>> until you do a proper release.
>> - merge multiple architectures into a single package (e.g. you could
>> have a package containing Darwin-amd64-32, Darwin-i386-32,
>> Linux-amd64-32, Linux-i386-32, Linux-arm64-32 and Linux-armv8-32; and
>> probably Windows-i386-32 and Windows-amd64-32 too, but i didn't test as
>> the current uploads are broken)

I need help here, I don't know how to do that! I only have a single binary
for macOS (fat), so it's fine. The linuxes binaries I'm generating are all
.pd_linux so I don't know how to merge them and same goes for windows
(which are both .dll). So, please, give me some hints.

> Ok, I'll see how to build and upload this in a better way, joining up at
> all raspberries versions (maybe removing one or another, cause I have FOUR
> right now and maybe that's just silly and not needed),

For my last release, we uploaded "only" three... Esteban told me one of
them was somewhat rare, but maybe we can narrow it down to two and put them
together.

Cheers