[PD] "make app" for vanilla?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 00:15:25 CET 2021

Em seg., 4 de jan. de 2021 às 17:58, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Alex: If the question is really "hey, can we have that 'make an app'
> option that Pd-extended had?"

yup

> then it perhaps makes sense to first look at the code in Pd-extended which
> did this action:
>

> https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/pd-extended/ci/master/tree/tcl/pd_menucommands.tcl#l313
>
> which calls
>

> https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/pd-extended/ci/master/tree/tcl/makeapp.tcl

I had done that, but my knowledge is limited, I just got that it did with
tcl/tk and so I asked if we could have this as some tcl/tk plugin, but I
wouldn't know if there was something else in the way I just couldn't see...

> I imagine it could be ported to a gui plugin that would create a
> standalone "app" using the version of Pd and the current platform. As
> Christof mentions, it's basically copying the Pd install into a new folder
> and renaming some stuff. For Mac, that folder is the .app bundle and
> follows a rather strict layout. This could reasonably be extended for
> Windows and Linux.

Awesome, so it seems there's nothing "unreasonable". I'll put a pin on this
then, and talk to a friend who already worked with tcl/tk plugins to see if
he'd be interested in doing this.

thanks