[PD] linking libs with pd-lib-builder (was Re: fluid~)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 23:28:15 CET 2021

Ok, seems I got it now :)

thanks for insisting in helping out

Em ter., 5 de jan. de 2021 às 18:08, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> hmm, it seems that my overly clear documentation within the scripts is
> still not enough.

yeah, I'm desperately trying to warn how I don't really speak the language.
All I did before was read that script and try to find how you were using
name_tool and the other things, and it all just failed. I wasn't aware I
could just run the script. And it took me a while to get there even now. I
almost needed you to tell me all the steps in detail:

"1- get that script file and put it in the folder you built your external
2- open terminal at that folder run the script by typing "./
localdeps.macos.sh external.extension"

Anyway, at least I think that's what I needed to do :)

> the scripts will do the rest.

They sure did a lot of magical stuff and made many dylib appear inside the
folder. So I zipped it and tested it in another machine that doesn't have
fludsynth installed, and it worked! But I'm not convinced I need ALL
the dylib files that poped out.

They are:

libFLAC.8.dylib
libfluidsynth.2.dylib
libglib-2.0.0.dylib
libgthread-2.0.0.dylib
libintl.8.dylib
libogg.0.dylib
libopus.0.dylib
libpcre.1.dylib
libportaudio.2.dylib
libreadline.8.dylib
libsndfile.1.dylib
libvorbis.0.dylib
libvorbisenc.2.dylib

I thought I only need *libfluidsynth.2.dylib* but now if I delete the rest
and try to open the external, I do get those errors of missing links. So
yeah, maybe I need these all, but I'm not so sure. I checked Purr Data's
libs and at least I didn't see 2 of these: libopus.0.dylib
& libreadline.8.dylib. Not that it makes that much of a difference just
getting rid of these two out of so many.

Anyway, Lucarda said he was having success building for Windows, but I'm
not so sure now. Well, my mac build can be found here:
https://github.com/porres/pd-fluidsynth/releases/tag/test-1

So others who don't have fluid~ or fluidsynth installed can also try it :)

Well, thanks again for this

cheers