[PD] libraries not working

Allister Sinclair allistersinclair at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 23:24:09 CET 2021

thanks for responding,

Actually, I checked the zexy folder and found that the externals aren't
built, nothing, all I see is the .pd help files, same for iemlib, no wonder
pd wont find them.
On the other hand other libraries such as 'ggee' installed fine.
Tried again installing from Deken, but no luck.
Tried downloading zexy from https://puredata.info/downloads/zexy and
compiling myself, same thing happens (nothing but the .pd help files)
Don't know what's going on

> i take this as a hint that before, you used to run Pd from the
> "puredata" package that ships with Ubuntu Studio. correct?

Correct

> what is "it"?
> when does it say that?

when I click on a library in the "find externals" window, a popup window
asks if I want to install in the /home/allister/.local/lib/pd/extra, if I
say no and browse another directory, that's when I get the error message

Allister Sinclair