[PD] fluid~ for Pd-Vanilla - test version

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 10:39:22 CET 2021

On Thu, 2021-01-07 at 00:14 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Ok, we made lots of progress and now we have tests versions for macOS
> and Windows (32 and 64 bits).

I think it's great you put effort into making [fluid~] available. Cool!

> we still need to sort this for linux,

It builds without troubles on Linux-amd64-32. However, it
assumes libfluidsynth2 to be installed. I don't know what the common
process on Linux is, but since the dependencies are usually easily
installable with some kind of package manager, there is probably no
need to include additional local libraries. Is this notion widely
accepted? Maybe include something in the README like:

---
On Debian and derivatives, you need to install the libfluidsynth2
package:

~~~sh
sudo apt install libfluidsynth2
~~~

----

Here is the build for Linux-amd64-32:

https://netpd.org/~roman/tmp/fluid~/

I can provide builds for Linux-i386-32, Linux-arm7-32, too, once the
stuff is ready for release.

> write a better readme with build instructions and reorganize things
> so then we can upload it to deken as a final/oficial release.

Cool. Some things I noticed:

  * a fluid~-meta.pd file is missing.
  * The README.md:110 points to https://github.com/porres/pd-fluid~ ,
    but the actual repository is hosted at:
    https://github.com/porres/pd-fluidsynth
  * 'make install' also installs the file localdeps.macos.sh. I guess
    this should not be part of the release.
  * Some files in the repo have the executable bit set. You can fix
    this by executing:
    chmod -x fluid~.c LICENSE.txt  localdeps.macos.sh  makefile README.md

Roman