[PD] fluid~ for Pd-Vanilla - test version

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 16:22:00 CET 2021

Em qui., 7 de jan. de 2021 às 06:48, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> On Thu, 2021-01-07 at 00:14 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> > Ok, we made lots of progress and now we have tests versions for macOS
> > and Windows (32 and 64 bits).
>
> I think it's great you put effort into making [fluid~] available. Cool!
>
> > we still need to sort this for linux,
>
> It builds without troubles on Linux-amd64-32. However, it
> assumes libfluidsynth2 to be installed. I don't know what the common
> process on Linux is, but since the dependencies are usually easily
> installable with some kind of package manager, there is probably no
> need to include additional local libraries. Is this notion widely
> accepted? Maybe include something in the README like:
>
> ---
> On Debian and derivatives, you need to install the libfluidsynth2
> package:
>
> ~~~sh
> sudo apt install libfluidsynth2
> ~~~

Yeah, it's important we make all of this clear. I just want this to be
available via deken, so people can download it and use it right away. So
statically/dynamic linking is the only way to go I guess.

If there's something in the way and if there are just too many different
options for linux distributions (does this make sense? What do I know?),
then we can maybe put this instructions on the help file instead? Well,
Linux people, enlighten me...