[PD] set screen resolution from within Pd (Linux)

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Tue Jan 12 13:12:22 CET 2021

Thanks a lot, Roman!

I had found xrandr before and it works perfectly with my newer mainboards.
Both the newer and older boards have onboard graphics.

However, when I try to find the display information with "xrandr -q" I get
only "Can't open display" with no further information.
"xrandr -q -v" gives me only the additional version number (1.3.4 with an old
Ubuntu, 1.5.0 with Debian 9.5) of xrandr.

Maybe these older mainboards cannot connect to xrandr?
The mainboards are about 10 years old. But xrandr must have been there before.

I'm suspecting that some graphics drivers are missing but I don't know which
ones.
I might have to check if there are any BIOS settings that keep these boards
from communicating.

Ingo