[PD] netpd-windows stand-alone package doesn't work

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:50:25 CET 2021

Hi Rolf

Thanks for reporting. The whole purpose of this to exercise was to make
life simpler, not more complicate. I'm somewhat sorry that it doesn't
work. Also a bit clueless.

On Tue, 2021-01-12 at 18:04 +0100, rolfm at dds.nl wrote:
> Windows 10
>
> i've downloaded and unpacked netpd-2.2.1-windows.zip.
>
> starting netpd.exe gives me a pd-console with the message
> ../netpd/main.pd: can't open.

Did you leave folder structure intact? netpd.exe can't be moved around
 (it'll give a different error message, though), but also not other
stuff inside netpd-2.2.1

> furthermore MY plugins are loaded.

Are they?

> when i start the pd.exe of netpd and then open main.pd
> routeOSC, slipenc, slipdec, packOSC, dir
> cannot be loaded, because Pd is using MY standard folder at
> AppData\Roaming\Pd etc.
> and i just upgraded MY externals to 64-bits.

The included Pd is also a 64bit build. To my knowledge, Pd always looks
inside its own extra folder and that's where all the dependencies are.
So, even if you downloaded all the 64bit externals and even if it would
try to load them from YOUR standard folder, it should work. What is the
exact error message?

The behaviour you describe I can get by starting a Pd that is not
included in the package and then opening netpd/main.pd.

Sorry for not being able to help more concisely. You can still just
download netpd and use it with your standard Pd installation.

Roman