[PD] [PD-announce] Camomile v1.0.8-beta

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 15:31:16 CET 2021

Em qua., 13 de jan. de 2021 às 05:58, Pierre Guillot <
guillotpierre6 at gmail.com> escreveu:

> I'm not sure what do you mean by  "you can compile the vst/.au/whatever
> with it".
> If you want to distribute a plugin that use externals without compiling
> Camomile, I guess one solution would be to ship a Pd distribution with the
> externals in the plugin bundle and use the [pd~] object to start a process
> with this embedded Pd binary (that would be able to load the external). Or
> you can ask the user to install Pd and the required externals if you don't
> want to ship a complete Pd distribution with the plugin.

I'm just trying to understand what is the difference and advantage of
compiling camomile with externals, which is possible and we've already made
that happen at least for the ELSE-Camomile => distribution
https://github.com/emviveros/Camomile-ELSE

Not that we'll stop, now that we're here, we'll stay I guess :) but I just
wanna make sure what's the motivation. And I guess the only difference is
that you can ship/distribute/sell/give away just a single plug-in binary
without Pd and anything 'else' ;)