[PD] unicode symbols and Pd

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jan 17 07:17:09 CET 2021

Am 17. Jänner 2021 03:19:08 MEZ schrieb Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>:

> Anyway, so, I wonder what's the deal with unicode characters in
> general,
> how do they show up or not, and if and how we can know if Pd will
> display
> them.

its *basically* the same as with all font-rendering in all applications:
the system will need to have a (compatible) font installed that has the glyph.
eg on my mobile phone, your double sharps and double flats don't render (there are just placeholder chars) - is there a way to make sure (as you want it) that a given glyph will show up on my phone? I don't think so.

mfg.hft.fsl
IOhannes