[PD] unicode symbols and Pd

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 07:35:53 CET 2021

Em dom., 17 de jan. de 2021 às 03:19, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> its *basically* the same as with all font-rendering in all applications:
> the system will need to have a (compatible) font installed that has the
> glyph.

And just so things are all clear, if the system has it, Pd will load it
just fine, right?

> eg on my mobile phone, your double sharps and double flats don't render
> (there are just placeholder chars) - is there a way to make sure (as you
> want it) that a given glyph will show up on my phone? I don't think so.

Not sure about the other systems, But macs seem to have it by default. This
thread is meant to also ask if people can just see these characters by
default.

I guess the way to make sure is to suggest people to install fonts with the
glyph if they need. I was able to install *bravura*, but it was a bit
tricky. Not sure of any other font with such unicode characters to suggest.

I guess I can have a "-unicode" flag for the object that uses these fancier
characters and then I'll document what's the deal with it.

In general, these can be very useful. Now that I have bravura, I have nice
symbols such as notes, rests, and all musical things we can use for a nice
interface.

cheers