[PD] unicode symbols and Pd

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 22:23:54 CET 2021

On Sun, 2021-01-17 at 18:03 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Em dom., 17 de jan. de 2021 às 17:42, IOhannes m zmölnig <
> zmoelnig at iem.at> escreveu:
> > afaik we have a working unicode implementation in Pd for more than
> > 10 years.
> > what's the buzz, tell me what's a-happening...
>
> I didn't know if Pd had full blast support for unicode cross
> platform. Nice to know.
>
> I wanted to know if all systems had at least sharp/flat unicode
> glyphs out of the box as macs do.

♭ ♮ ♯ work fine for me in Pd on Linux.

However, the higher-order ones I can copy from the page you linked to
the 'Label' field of [cnv] editor. When I 'apply', they are converted
to a 'ð' (icelandic eth). I did only anecdotal tests, but this applies
to all the characters with a decimal number higher than 119000 from
that page.

Roman