[PD] unicode symbols and Pd

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 18 00:00:04 CET 2021

On 1/17/21 11:25 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Em dom., 17 de jan. de 2021 às 17:42, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> escreveu:
>
>> you need to convert the unicode codepoint to utf8.
>>

> just wondering, how can you do that? :)

1. usually you shouldn't need to. (it's rare that kind of low-level
representation)
2. at PdCon-2009 me an maja did a utf-8 to unicode-point converter
[utf82codepoint] (i'm pretty sure i write this sentence half a year ago
on this very mailinglist). that's the other way round though.
3. so i just resurrected that old 1-object library and added a
[codepoint2utf8] converter as well.
there's no deken-package yet, but it's only self-contained abstractions
which you can find at https://git.iem.at/pd/unicode/

dfamse
IOhannes