[PD] [cyclone/grab]: grab values from outside an abstraction?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 19:01:36 CET 2021

Hi, I'm thinking of working on a variation of cyclone/grab. In short,
cyclone/grab can grab values from an object connected to its right outlet,
so if you have [f 10], it'll get the value "10" for you and output it on
the left outlet if you send it a bang.

Now, what I wanted was to use this object inside a subpatch or abstraction,
but then I'm connecting it to the [outlet] object and grab tries to grab
the output of that and it just doesn't work. So I wonder if there is a way
to make the object know what the outlet connects to and grab it from there.

For reference, here's the code of [grab]:
https://github.com/porres/pd-cyclone/blob/master/cyclone_objects/binaries/control/grab.c

cheers