[PD] hexadecimal conversion problem

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 04:07:42 CET 2021

Em ter., 19 de jan. de 2021 às 23:58, Alexandre Torres Porres <
porres at gmail.com> escreveu:

> sorry, now that I read your email, I see you know about the solution I
> provide, and yeah, I now see the same issue.
>
> But in my abstraction, if I convert "0x27E5" instead of "27E5", it works!
> I'll have to see why this is happening...

yeah, of course, for Pd 27E5 is the same as "2700000" and I don't think
there's a way to convert the float "27E5" to a literal symbol "27E5". The
way to do this is use a symbol input directly, which makes sense, since you
want to convert things like "FF".

It's funny that these days I updated by abstraction to also accept floats
(though it hasn't been updated as part of a release yet). I tought "what
could go wrong". Well, here it is, of course it's a terrible idea!

so, just have symbol inputs like I used to have and will revert back to
that state again :)