[PD] Preset management for Pd Vanilla

info at hansroels.be info at hansroels.be
Thu Jan 21 11:41:55 CET 2021

Hi Alexandre,

I didn't have time to look at your preset system yet (I will though...)
but it seems similar to the one that I created for my abunch
abstractions (mine is based on the older [textfile] object and about 10
years old...). My preset system has been tested a lot in classrooms and
performances and works well. It not only saves faders, toggles, etc. but
also symbols (location of loaded sound files) and the content of arrays.
You can also use two preset groups simultaneously in one patch.
The negative side is that it takes a lot of work to implement...

If you want to have a look: download abunch at
www.hansroels.be/abunch-eng.htm
In the downloaded abunch folder open an example folder (with presets),
for example 'ex2j-grainsample.pd' You can open the presets-help file for
more explanation. There is also an extra example file (about
simultaneous groups of different presets) 'ex1o-presetsystem.pd'

best, Hans