[PD] Preset management for Pd Vanilla

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 21 12:25:32 CET 2021

On 1/21/21 9:35 AM, Albert Rafetseder wrote:
> Re this half of your email:
>
>> So I'm here to ask what people use in Pd Vanilla, be
>> it a pure vanilla solution or an external.
>
> Reporting from a noob-user perspective, I have used acre's ds (data
> storage) since it is included in VRR (Virtual Rehearsal Room) for preset
> management:
>
> https://git.iem.at/pd/acre/-/tree/master/ds
> https://git.iem.at/vrr/vrr
>
> AFAICT, it does what it says on the tin. It saves presets as plain text
> files (which I appreciate for versioning), and allows for complex
> scenes/programs to be stored, with namespaces and remote control and

and of course there is kollabs:

https://github.com/m---w/kollabs

acre/ds and kollabs are derived from the same original project.
kollabs is much more elaborated, e.g. it includes support for scene
transitions (and afaict, the state-saving part is vanilla only).
acre/ds is much more minimalistic (which is a virtue as well)

gfdsar
IOhannes