[PD] Preset management for Pd Vanilla

info at hansroels.be info at hansroels.be
Thu Jan 21 21:05:29 CET 2021

On 1/21/21 6:15 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Em qui., 21 de jan. de 2021 às 07:44, info at hansroels.be
> <mailto:info at hansroels.be> <info at hansroels.be
> <mailto:info at hansroels.be>> escreveu:
>
>     I didn't have time to look at your preset (...) but it seems
>     similar to the one that I created for my abunch abstractions
>

> Yours actually seem different. And I couldn't really get it yet :) it
> doesn't seem you're using sends/receives, anyway, gotta spend more
> time to try and figure it out.
>
>     The negative side is that it takes a lot of work to implement...
>

> you mean that it takes time for one to load it in a patch and set it up?

Yes. If you create new abstractions and patches you have to build them
in such a way that they send and receive everything from the central
preset system. I noticed that after a few years I was more and more
reluctant/lazy to implement my own preset system in new abstractions. So
I end up having abstractions with and without a preset system... and
only when it's really necessary I embed my preset system into newer
abstractions. Not really ideal...

Hans

--

_www.hansroels.be_ /gsm:/ _+32 474 707849 _