[PD] Preset management for Pd Vanilla

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Jan 22 01:21:25 CET 2021

In addition, preset_hub is impervious to undo/redo and other actions and
keeps track of all objects, offers ability to automate things by quickly
cycling between presets, is able to save and load presets from a file
without making the patch dirty, as is the case with L2Ork Tweeter, and
can differentiate between multiple instances of the same abstraction, as
is the case in the Pd-L2Ork K12 module. It can change scope on the fly,
and many other things. As a result, in some ways it is even more
flexible than the Max's pattrstorage. One thing that may be added later
is also interpolation (akin to pattrstorage).

Best,

Ico

On 1/21/2021 1:09 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

> Em qui., 21 de jan. de 2021 às 14:33, Alexandre Torres Porres
> <porres at gmail.com <mailto:porres at gmail.com>> escreveu:
>
>     But I'm gonna spend some more time on that too (as well as with
>     other systems mentioned here, and maybe new ones yet to be
>     mentioned) and see if I'm missing something cool I haven't thought
>     of yet.
>

>     Em qui., 21 de jan. de 2021 às 14:17, Jonathan Wilkes
>     <jancsika at yahoo.com <mailto:jancsika at yahoo.com>> escreveu:
>
>         the UX is nice and works seamlessly across abstractions
>

> hmm, here's something I wasn't thinking, how to allow one to use the
> system inside abstractions. One way that was already possible would be
> to have separate files to load in each abstraction, but I now included
> "import" and "export" functions so [savestate] can be used in
> conjunction (see screenshot below). I had to add an outlet for that,
> and also added a second outlet to send a bang when the preset is empty.
>

> Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 15.07.47.png
>
> it's already been updated to the repository
> https://github.com/porres/pd-else/blob/master/Classes/Abstractions/preset.pd
> <https://github.com/porres/pd-else/blob/master/Classes/Abstractions/preset.pd>

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Creativity + Innovation
Co-Director, Human Centered Design iPhD
Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology

Virginia Tech
Creative Technologies in Music
School of Performing Arts – 0141
Blacksburg, VA 24061