[PD] Get IP from Pd + network broadcast

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 23:09:36 CET 2021

On Fri, 2021-01-22 at 22:52 +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> Hi João
>

> On Fri, 2021-01-22 at 19:41 +0100, João Pais wrote:
> > I wanted to check if there are any new methods to get one's own ip
> > from Pd - that is, so that a user doesn't go check the system
> > settings.
>
> I need that, too, and I can't wrap my head around figuring out how to
> do it.

Oh, my... João just pointed me to an old thread [1] about the same
topic. The thread ended into iemnet adding support for reporting local
address for [tcpclient] and [udpclient]. That is exactly what I need.

About the long sermon from my previous mail: It's only hard to know
_before_ you connect. When connected, it's quite clear.

@João, if you're using iemnet's [udpclient] or [tcpclient], use the
fourth outlet and [route local_address].

Roman

[1]
https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2017-12/121209.html